Sunday, March 11, 2012

Only Parathas, Rajkot

There must be very few places in Rajkot city where I'd love to visit again and again for its food, and Only Parathas is one such place.


As the name suggests, only parathas serves parathas mainly, if not 'only'. The menu card of the restaurant is considerably large and offers many combinations of paratha stuffing to its customers. To say, only parathas offers wide variety of stuffings filled in between the crusts of parathas. This stuffing consists of garlic, peas, spinach and what not... 


On my visit to this restaurant with my family, we ordered for Chaats, Tikki Tokri and Delhi Chaat to be specific. These chats were garnished in an edible bowl. Edible when I say was made up of eating ingredient. Then there was the chaat recipe and the bowl was covered with a layer of curd, it was a treat to the eye before it could be a treat to the taste-buds. Now all the ingredients used in the chaat were freshly cut and lip-smackingly delicious.


Now came the main course, the Parathas. Although I no longer remember our exact order, but our ordered parathas were aromatic and tasty to justify the flavour. In other restaurants no matter how much masalas are used to make the food tasty (or to overpower the rotten veggies) one would never be satisfied with the food. It would leave you with a feeling as if something is missing. However, here I was satisfied, and I bet anyone visiting this place would be. The taste of the food suggested the use of best quality of ingredients in the making. Moreover, the captain was a warm and efficient man on the job.


We ordered for three parathas, after devouring the chaat, to be shared amongst five of us, and I must say they were sufficiently sized to satisfy a famished person. 


To conclude this review, if I were to rate this restaurant on a scale of 5 stars, I would go with 4. A must visit place to satisfy your taste buds.


No comments: